This week I had the great pleasure of interviewing Tom Ferry, a self-proclaimed non-foodie, first time podcaster and somone who remembers a time when Silicon Valley was still called Santa Clara Valley. For him, food has always been more of a reason to get his (big) family together and be social. So while it played an important role at getting everyone at the same table, it wasn’t as important. Despite all that, he definitely still cares about food. As long as it’s a dessert. And has chocolate in it. Like his Mom’s Chocolate Rice Krispies.
- Best Cinnamon Rolls Recipe | Taste of Home
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Company
- Chocolate Cake Recipes - Allrecipes.com
- See’s Candies
- Mom’s Rice Krispies Treat (see below)
Tom can be found at:
British Tech Network
Question for our listeners: What’s the cheap & simple dish in your part of the world?
Please share with us on Twitter or whereever else you may find us.
Please follow me on Twitter (@foodieflashback).
Have a story to tell? Please reach out to us so that we can all enjoy it with you! Either via Twitter or using this handly little form
Intro music: “Child’s Play” by Alex Nekita (alexnekita)
===== Mom’s Rice Krispies Treat =====
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cups of Karo syrup
- 1 cups peanut butter
- 1 box [regular size] Rice Krispies
- 1 package of chocolate chips
- ½ package of butter scotch chips
- Combine sugar and Karo syrup into a saucepan
- Bring to light simmer [boil]
- Add peanut butter, stir and bring to light simmer [boil]
- Pour full box of Rice Krispies into a mixing bowl
- Pour / add peanut butter, sugar and Karo syrup mix with Rice Krispies mixing & stirring together
- Spread Rice Krispies / peanut butter mix onto a cookie sheet
- Let this cool before you add chocolate topping
- Melt chocolate [1 pkg] and butter scotch chips [1/2 pkg]
- Spread onto cool Rice Krispies mix
- Enjoy the treats!