To say David knows a lot about the culinary scene in and around Chicago would be an absolute understatement. While he’s not much into cooking (aside from the occasional BBQ) he sure is a foodie. With his extensive knowledge of everything good there is to eat and drink in the area, one has to wonder why he hasn’t written a book or created a TV show about it.
One thing is certain though: Chicago has a lot to offer, when it comes to food. Not just Deep Dish Pizza, something most people would associate with the city, but also hot dogs, cheese sandwiches and so, so much more! It’s really no surprise there’s a long running food rivalry with New York.
I for one, plan on visiting Chicago soon. And coming back 100lbs heavier most likely. It will be worth it.
- Portillo’s: Beef. Burgers. Salads
- Johnny’s Elmwood Park Illinois
- Al’s #1 Italian Beef | Est. 1938 | Chicago |
- Lou Malnati’s, the Best Chicago Deep Dish Pizza Restaurant
- Chicago’s Famous Stuffed Deep Dish Pizza | Giordano’s
- Diners Drive-ins & Dives
- Paradise Pup
- Mom’s Swedish Meatballs Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
- Easy Baked Beef Brisket
- Matzoh Ball Soup
- Texas Roadhouse
- Lettuce Entertain You
- Big Bowl
- Mr Allison’s of Arlington Heights
- Tufano’s Vernon Park Tap
- Manny’s Cafeteria & Delicatessen
- Greek Islands | The Best Greek Restaurant in Chicagoland
- Gibsons Chicago Steakhouse
- Gene & Jude’s
- Chicago Style Hot Dogs | Vienna Beef
- Arizona Tea
- Pepper & Egg Sandwich
- Pizza Puffs
- Flaming Saganako
- Taste of Chicago
- Windella Boats
David can be found at:
Please follow me on Twitter (@foodieflashback).
Have a story to tell? Please reach out to us so that we can all enjoy it with you! Either via Twitter or using this handy little form
Intro music: “Child’s Play” by Alex Nekita (alexnekita)